Professional Practice Program
Proudly brought to you by
The IPA Professional Practice Program (PPP) has been designed with the needs of our Members in mind. This program provides up-to-date information on the professional and ethical standards of the accounting profession as well as practical tools and strategies to successfully establish, manage, and grow a practice. The PPP can also be utilised by non practitioners as a refresher program to consolidate their knowledge on professional standards and business management tools.
The expertise, competence, and ethics of IPA Members is highly sought after and IPA members are considered the trusted advisor. It is for this reason, the IPA By-Laws mandate that Members moving into professional practice must complete the Mini Professional Practice course or the PPP within 6 months of receiving their Limited-PPC or PPC respectively.
What does the program involve?
The PPP consists of a self-paced study component, as well as a weekly interactive workshop, running over the course of six weeks. The program will equip members with essential skills to manage an accounting practice, including:
- An appreciation of the history of accounting and where the industry is headed.
- APES standards and guidance notes.
- ASIC and TPB statutory registrations, AASB, AUASB, AML, and FRC requirements.
- Business strategic planning, financing, staffing, and marketing your practice.
- Cyber security management.
This program is worth a total of 42 CPD hours, split into 30 unverified hours and 12 verified hours.
CPD Competency hours are spit into the following Competency Categories:
- Management and Professional Skills: 5.5 hours
- Professional and Ethical Standards: 6.5 hours
To learn more about the structure of the Professional Practice Program, please visit this page.
Benefits of the Professional Practice Program
- A single point of reference that provides answers to most practitioner questions.
- A comprehensive set of course materials with case studies, illustrations, and references.
- Guided learning to ensure you have covered practice essentials.
- Addresses overwhelming issues faced by new practitioners.
- Open, interactive, and frank discussions with fellow practitioners.
- Expert examination of issues and arguments.
- 42 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Completes one of the mandatory conditions for PPC eligibility.
- Discussion of contentious issues common to accountants in practice together with expert advice.
- Guided learning to ensure you are on top of practice essentials.
- Provides advice and navigates a way through the maze of regulation.
Hold a Limited PPC? Register for the Mini Professional Practice Program
Members who hold a Limited PPC are required to complete the Mini Professional Practice Program within six months of receiving their Limited PPC. The Mini-course consists of a self-paced study component as well as a weekly interactive workshop running over three weeks. At the end of week 3 there will be a multiple-choice exam. The mini program is worth a total of 36 CPD hours split into 30 unverified hours and 6 verified hour.
Please note, the Mini Professional Practice Program does not meet the requirements for PPC. To view these requirements click here.
Register for the Professional Practice Program
We have a number of PPP and Mini PPP Series running across the year. These can be booked online, or by contacting your local division.
Program registration close 7 days prior to the commencement date, unless sold out.
|Professional Practice Program & Mini Professional Practice Program Series Dates|
|Webinar Series 3 - 2023|
Wednesday 30 August - Wednesday 4 October 2023
|3:00pm - 5:00pm AEST|
Mini Course Wednesday 30 August – Wednesday 13 September
|3:00pm - 5:00pm AEST
|Webinar Series 4 - 2023|
Wednesday 18 October - Wednesday 22 November
|3:00pm - 5:00pm AEDT|
Mini Course Wednesday 18 October – Wednesday 1 November
|3:00pm - 5:00pm AEDT|
- Professional Practice Program: AUD $990 (inc GST)
- Mini Professional Practice Program: AUD $495 (inc GST)
This fee includes tuition, notes, and assessment.
- Competency Assessment Re-sit: AUD $150 (inc GST)
If in the event you are unable to attend an online session, have access to the recording which will be available on the learning platform the following day. Cancellations must be advised in writing at least two (2) working days prior to the activity date. An administrative fee of 10% to a minimum of $27.50 (incl GST) will be incurred for cancellations. A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend an activity or cancels within one (1) working day prior to the activity. If your registration is for a series, then your cancellation must occur prior to the first session, no refund will be possible once the series has commenced.
The IPA cancels events seminars only when absolutely necessary, but reserves the right to do so, as well as to reschedule events and substitute presenters. If an event is cancelled, you may request to transfer the credit to another event or to a membership invoice, keep the credits on your account, or request full refund. The credit will expire in 6 months if left unused.
For more information on Reckon, contact:
E: [email protected]
Ph: 1300 681 489
M: 0423 393 765