Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
For accountants looking for ways to branch out in their practice, it’s an exciting time to get in to finance and mortgage broking. With thousands of different financing products out there, it’s more important than ever for your clients in small business to be able to access quality advice and assistance with the loan process. The Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking FNS40821 is a great introduction to this industry. It’s packed with the technical and people-skills content you need to launch your career as a broker. The Certificate IV is also the minimum education standard to obtain an Australian Credit License (ACL) or to be appointed as an authorised representatives of an existing ACL holder.
The Institute of Public Accountants is pleased to recommend Monarch Institute as our training provider of choice because their courses are developed and delivered by industry experts, including senior practicing brokers and advisers. Monarch Institute has set the standard for online education, with unrivalled support including access to trainers via phone, email, Facebook, Zoom and more. Visit their website to find out more about what makes Monarch Institute unique.
The Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking is made up of 12 nationally recognised units of competency.
Your units will be grouped in to eight modules, so you’re studying and applying related concepts at the same time. Each module has an assignment made up of small, manageable assessment questions. And there are no exams, so the pressure’s off, and you can concentrate on learning at your own pace. The modules and units are:
Operating a Finance Business
- FNSINC411 Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
- FNSCUS511 Develop and maintain professional relationships in financial services industry
Finance Regulation and Licensing
- FNSFMK515 Comply with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice
Financial Products and Client Needs
- FNSINC412 Apply and maintain knowledge of financial products and services
- FNSFMB412 Identify client needs and present broking options
The Financial Process
- FNSFMB411 Prepare loan application on behalf of clients
Getting Ready for Settlement
- FNSFMB511 Implement credit contracts in preparation for settlement
Assess Credit Applications
- BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents
- FNSCRD401 Assess credit applications
Ethics and Professional Development
- FNSINC514 Apply ethical frameworks and principles to make and act upon decisions
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBOPS403 Apply business risk management processes
Download a course brochure for the Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking to find out more.
As a member of the IPA, you are entitled to a 5% discount if you are a full fee-paying student for this Monarch Institute Qualification. To learn more about this offer and start your enrolment, contact Mindy on 1300 738 955 or email Mindy direct on [email protected].
There are no term dates or enrolment deadlines. At Monarch Institute, you can start your studies when it suits you.
Click here to download a brochure.
Click here to download an enrolment form.