Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
For accountants looking for ways to branch out in their practice, it’s an exciting time to get in to finance and mortgage broking. According to government projections, the number of broker positions could grow by up to 17% by 2022*. With thousands of different financing products out there, it’s more important than ever for your clients in small business to be able to access quality advice and assistance with the loan process. The Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking is a great introduction to this industry. It’s packed with the technical and people-skills content you need to launch your career as a broker. The Certificate IV is also the minimum education standard to obtain an Australian Credit License (ACL) or to be appointed as an authorised representatives of an existing ACL holder.
The Institute of Public Accountants is pleased to recommend Monarch Institute’s Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking. Monarch Institute is our training provider of choice because their courses are developed and delivered by industry experts, including senior practicing brokers and advisers. Monarch Institute has set the standard for online education, with unrivalled support including access to trainers via phone, email, Facebook, Zoom and more. Visit their website to find out more about what makes Monarch Institute unique.
What’s included in the Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking?
The Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking is made up of 12 nationally recognised units of competency.
Monarch Institute takes a holistic approach to teaching. This means your units will be grouped in to three modules, so you’re studying and applying related concepts at the same time. Each module has an assignment made up of small, manageable assessment questions. And there are no exams, so the pressure’s off, and you can concentrate on learning at your own pace. The modules and units are:
Module 1 - Mortgage Broking Industry Knowledge
- Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice (FNSFMK505)
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by an organisation or sector (FNSINC402)
- Identify client needs for broking services (FNSFMB402)
Module 2 - Mortgage Lending – Product & Process
- Design and produce business documents (BSBITU306)
- Identify Risk and Apply Risk Management Processes (BSBRSK401)
- Prepare loan application on behalf of finance or mortgage broking clients (FNSFMB401)
- Present broking options to client (FNSFMB403)
- Process applications for credit (FNSCRD301)
- Settle applications and loan arrangements in the finance and mortgage broking industry (FNSFMB501)
Module 3 - Mortgage Broking Business Skills
- Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry (FNSINC401)
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients, other professionals and third party referrers (FNSCUS501)
- Promote compliance with legislation (BSBCOM405)
Download a course brochure for the Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking to find out more.
Get started today
As a member of the IPA, you are entitled to a 5% discount if you are a full fee-paying student for this Monarch Institute Qualification. To learn more about this offer and start your enrolment, contact Emil on 1300 738 955 or email Emil direct on [email protected].
There are no term dates or enrollment deadlines. At Monarch Institute, you can start your studies when it suits you.
Click here to download a brochure.
Click here to download an enrolment form.