Board Executive Committee
Ms Julie Williams FIPA FFA
Julie is the current Chair of the Board and was appointed to this position in November 2020. Julie has been an IPA member since 2003, having served as Queensland Divisional Councillor since 2008. She was the Chair of the National Divisional Council from 2010 until her election to the Board in 2017. Julie is also a member of the Board Executive and Board Remuneration committees. Julie was a partner in PPB before moving to public practice as a Registered Liquidator in 2006. She is a Fellow of the IPA, a Fellow of the CPA, holds an MBA and an MPA. She is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, the Australian Institute of Company Directors, Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association, and the Association of Independent Insolvency Practitioners.
Mr Damien Moore FIPA FFA
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Division: South Australia
Damien has been the South Australian/Northern Territory Director since 2010 and is the current Immediate Past President, having also held the positions of Board Chair, Vice President and Deputy President. He has served as the South Australian/Northern Territory Divisional President along with other positions within the Divisional Council. A Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and Registered Tax Agent, Damien has worked in the accounting and finance industries for over 25 years and operated his own accounting firm along with working for ASX listed companies. He holds a Master of Commerce (Professional Accounting) through the University of New England.
Mrs Cheryl Mallett FIPA, CTA, SSA, GAICD.
Division: Northern Territory
Cheryl has been an IPA member since 1996 and a Board member since November 2018. As a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, Cheryl has over 30 years’ experience as an income tax specialist/advisor. She is also an Accredited Specialist SMSF Advisor and SMSF Auditor. Winner of the 2016 IPA Northern Territory and National Practice of the Year and 2019 AMP Women in Finance – Regional Professional of the Year. Cheryl is a Deputy President, Chair of the Board Audit and Risk Committee, a member of the Board Executive and the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Steering Committees. She has recently been appointed as a Director of AAT.
Jason Parker FIPA FFA GAICD
Jason served on the Tasmanian Division of the IPA as President from 2005 to 2007. Jason was elected to the IPA Board in November 2008. He is a Deputy President of the IPA, Chair of the IPA Disciplinary Committee and a member of the Board Executive Committee. Jason is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a Registered Tax Agent, SMSF Auditor and Registered Migration Agent. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce, a Diploma in Financial Services, Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance, a Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice and an MBA. He is currently studying a Bachelor of Laws. Jason is a Director and Chairman of five unlisted public companies in sectors including roadside maintenance, recreational aviation, food recycling, aquaculture and land-based drones.
Prof. Andrew Conway FIPA FFA
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) in May 2009, leading the reformation and repositioning of the organisation
- Co-author of the Australian Small Business White Paper and Chair of the IPA Deakin University SME Research Partnership
- Awarded the Centenary of Federation Medal through the Order of Australia in 2001
- Awarded Australian Young Professional of the Year in 2011
- Appointed as a Director of Eastern Health by the Governor of Victoria in 2011
- Led the IPA to be recognised as the most innovative accounting body in Australia in 2012 by BRW
- Awarded the Australian Financial Review, Boss Magazine Young Executive of the Year in 2014
- Awarded the Deakin University Young Alumni Award in 2015
- Andrew was presented with a Distinguished Fellow award by the Vice-Chancellor of Deakin University in 2016
Andrew’s professional appointments include:
- Deakin University – Adjunct Professor
- Shanghai University of Finance & Economics - Professor of Accounting (honoris causa)
- Lanzhou University – Adjunct Professor
Andrew is recognised as a leading small business policy expert in Australia which has included the co-authorship of the landmark Australian Small Business White Paper and is a regular media commentator for major media outlets.