Advanced Diploma of Paraplanning
The Advanced Diploma of Paraplanning FNS60920 is the step up you need to show employers that you’re committed to delivering high-level, quality advice as a value add to your general accounting practice.
This comprehensive Advanced Diploma spans from the initial phases of researching financial products to effectively presenting and implementing financial advice. It's an ideal choice for individuals seeking readiness in the practical realm of financial services or, alternatively, for those gearing up for the demands of university-level studies.
The IPA is pleased to recommend Monarch Institute as our training provider of choice for the Advanced Diploma of Paraplanning. Monarch was founded by financial advice veterans who wanted to change the way that accredited training prepared graduates for real-world challenges.
Once you complete your Advanced Diploma, you can get work in the financial services industry, or continue on to university-level study. By January 2026, all advisers will be required to hold a minimum bachelor-level qualification. For Monarch graduates, there are advanced standing pathway options available. This means that if you’ve got an Advanced Diploma, it’ll take you less time to earn the bachelor or postgraduate-level qualification you need to meet the education requirements. For more information, you can chat to a course consultant.
What you’ll cover
The Advanced Diploma of Paraplanning comprises 12 nationally recognised units of competency. These units are grouped into eight themes. This means you study and apply related ideas and principles at the same time, giving you a holistic overview of each topic. The themes and units are:
- Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry (FNSINC411)
- Comply with ethical and operational guidelines, legislation and regulations in financial planning (FNSFPL621)
- Record and implement client instructions (FNSCUS516)
- Monitor and review organisational system compliance with legislation and regulations (FNSPRM611)
Managed Funds Advice
- Prepare advice in managed investments (FNSFPL609)
- Conduct financial product research to support product recommendations (FNSINC511)
- Conduct financial planning analysis and research (FNSFPL622)
- Prepare advice in superannuation (FNSFPL610)
- Prepare advice in life insurance (FNSFPL619)
Prepare, Present, and Implement Advice
- Develop financial plans (FNSFPL614)
- Present and negotiate financial plans (FNSFPL615)
- Implement financial plans (FNSFPL616)
As a member of the IPA, you are entitled to a 5% discount if you are a full fee-paying student for this Monarch Institute Qualification. To learn more about this offer and start your enrolment, contact Mindy on 1300 738 955 or email Mindy direct on [email protected].
There are no term dates or enrolment deadlines. At Monarch Institute, you can start your studies when it suits you.