Member - Institute of Public Accountants (MIPA)
You can join as a MIPA if you meet one of the below entry requirements.
- Eligible accounting qualification (see AIPA requirement) + a post-graduate accounting qualification assessed to be equivalent to the IPA Program Professional Sequence Graduate Certificate in Public Accounting (GCPA) and industry experience assessed to be equivalent to the Mentored Experience Program (MEP) completion/full exemption; or
- Current membership with an IFAC Member level body, IPA MIPA level equivalent(additional requirements may apply in certain jurisdictions due to local legislative requirements).
- Previous members of AAT Australia with the designation AAT Member or AAT Fellow will receive the designation MIPA (AAT Member) or MIPA (AAT Fellow), respectively.
You can advance from AIPA to MIPA if you:
- complete the IPA Program Program Professional Sequence Graduate Certificate in Public Accounting (GCPA) and the Mentored Experience program (MEP); or
- holding current membership with an IFAC Member level body, MIPA level equivalent.